Moist Blueberry Coffee Cake
I've made this coffee cake going on 10 years now. It delicious and I wouldn't change a thing.
This recipe contains , butter, sugar, milk, eggs, flour (all-purpose), baking powder, salt, blueberries, , sugar (brown), flour (all-purpose), cinnamon, butter, walnuts, almond paste
9 servings servings
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (a great place to sneak in a little whole wheat flour, I used 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries (use more if large blueberries), fresh or frozen
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- optional: 1/4 cup crumbled almond paste
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Butter a 9-inch square pan.
- 3. For the cake:
- 4. In a large bowl, beat softened butter and sugar until blended.
- 5. Add milk and egg.
- 6. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 7. Add to butter mixture and mix just until combined. The batter will be very thick.
- 8. Carefully fold in blueberries.
- 9. Scoop the mixture into buttered pan and gently press it out evenly.
- 10. For the crumble topping:
- 11. Combine all topping ingredients in food processor or use a fork/fingers to combine until crumbles (large and small) form.
- 12. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- 13. Bake at 375°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 14. Cool 20 to 30 minutes before serving.