Mom's Mushroom Soup
This is a great soup that can be put together in under a half-hour and is gluten-free, grain-free, and incredibly filling. If you don't have ghee on hand, you can easily substitute it for butter, or use your favorite cooking oil (olive or coconut would be my top two suggestions).
This recipe contains mushrooms (portobello, baby), beef broth, onions (vidalia/sweet), ghee, coconut milk, black pepper
6 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 3 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp ghee, split 2 Tbsp and 1 Tbsp
- 1 can full fat organic coconut milk
- pinch of pepper
- 1. Melt 2 Tbsp of ghee in medium stock pot and then add sliced onions to lightly caramelize. Simmer on medium approximately 5 minutes, stirring frequently, and then turn to low for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- 2. Add sliced mushrooms and coat in ghee/onion mixture. Add in additional Tbsp of ghee and cook mushrooms for another 4-5 minutes on low.
- 3. Add beef broth and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4. Pour coconut milk while stirring and simmer an additional 2-3 minutes.
- 5. Add pepper to the soup, and serve.