Hearty, flavorful and delicious vegetable soup.
This recipe contains potatoes, onions, fresh garlic, oil (sunflower), carrots, leeks, celery, beans (fava), vegetable stock, parsley (fresh), salt, black pepper
4 servings servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 large potatoes, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, washed thoroughly, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 100g broad beans
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1. 1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the potato, onion and garlic and sauté, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. 2. Add the carrots, leek and celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
- 3. 3. Add broad beans and vegetable stock. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, until the potatoes and broad beans are soft.
- 4. 4. Add parsley and salt and pepper if needed.
- 5. Serve with crusty bread.