Farfalle & Peas in a Light Cream Sauce with Prosciutto
I had recently asked on my FB page what type of foods/meals would you all be interested in seeing on the blog. Most people are looking for quick, flavorful and maybe even kid friendly. There was also a request for a dish using tortellini and while I didn't have any on hand, this sauce would be fabulous with tortellini as well! This pasta dish is REALLY easy to make and super quick to put together and my kids loved it!
This recipe contains pasta (farfalle), onions, garlic (fresh), olive oil, prosciutto, vegetable broth, cream, peas (green, frozen), salt, , black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 lb. farfalle pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 clove(s) garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb. prosciutto
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 pt. light cream
- 2 cup(s) frozen peas
- 1/4 cup pasta water (if needed)
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. Using half the prosciutto at a time, stack it up, roll it then slice it. Repeat with the rest. Into a pan, over medium low heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and the sliced prosciutto and cook until perfectly crisp, approx 8 minutes. Remove from the pan and reserve on a dish.
- 2. Go ahead and get a pot of water boiling for the pasta. In the same pan you crisped up the prosciutto in (*disclaimer: my pan turned out to be a little on the small side as you will notice in the pictures lol) add 1 Tbsp olive oil, chopped onion and garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté until softened. Add in the vegetable broth and allow to simmer for 4-5 mins.
- 3. To the pan, add in the light cream and allow it to simmer for approx 7-8 mins. Cook the pasta a little extra al dente. Once the pasta has reached this point strain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water, and add it directly into the sauce. Allow to simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- 4. If the pasta has absorbed most of the sauce you can add a bit of pasta water to loosen it up.
- 5. At the very last minute stir in the frozen peas. They only need a minute or two to defrost and warm through. Once you've plated the pasta, sprinkle with the fabulous salty, crisp prosciutto!