Move Over Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
I couldn't get a picture of this today because my family dug into it before I could get the camera. If you like hash brown casserole in restaurants, don't try this unless you are willing to forever be an "I make a better hash brown casserole snob."
This recipe contains cream of chicken soup, evaporated milk, salted butter, bouillon (chicken), dried onions, cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded), hash browns (frozen), paprika, black pepper
15 servings servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon (dissolved in evaporated milk)
- 4 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 1. Mix soup, milk (with bouillon dissolved in it), butter, and onions in bottom of extra large mixer bowl.
- 2. Add cheese and mix well.
- 3. Fold in frozen shredded hash browns until well blended.
- 4. Pour mixture into large 13x9 inch casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- 5. Spread evenly into casserole dish. Do not press down.
- 6. Sprinkle with paprika and freshly ground black pepper.
- 7. Bake at 425 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until browned on top and bubbly.
- 8. Remove from oven and let cool for at least fifteen minutes (preferably 30 if you can wait) before serving.