Pan Roasted Raspberries Bread
Back to school Lunch box recipe
This recipe contains raspberries, maple syrup, oil (flax), brown sugar, vinegar, milk (almond, unsweetened), flour (whole wheat), baking powder, baking soda, salt
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1/4 cups maple syrup
- 2 tbsp flax oil
- 1/4 cups + 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1. Warm a nonstick pan over a low flame on the stove.
- 2. Add raspberries and maple syrup. Lightly mix them so that the raspberries are properly coated with the maple syrup. Cover and cook over medium flame for 5 minutes.
- 3. When it is slightly liquid turn off the flame and remove the pan from the hot stove.
- 4. Mash the raspberries lightly with the spatula and let them cool to room temperature.
- 5. Preheat the oven at 425 degree Fahrenheit and prepare the loaf pan by greasing and dusting it.
- 6. In the meantime combine all the liquid ingredients in a bowl and mix properly.
- 7. In another bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- 8. When the raspberries are cooled add them to the liquid ingredients bowl and mix well so that all the liquids are properly blended.
- 9. Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and mix well with a spoon. Make sure you don’t overdo it. Just mix gently with a spoon so that all the ingredients are properly combined. The batter will change into purplish in color.
- 10. Spoon the batter into the loaf pan and put it in the oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until the knife comes out clean.
- 11. Take the bread out of the oven and let it cool. Once cooled the bread will leave the loaf pan.
- 12. Cut into slightly thick slices and serve at room temperature.