Pan Seared Apple Almond Cake
Fresh apples caramelized in brown sugar and combined with almond flour to bring out a healthy and delicious cake.
This recipe contains apples, sugar (brown), flour (almond), baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, vanilla extract, olive oil, milk (almond)
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 cups fresh apples (chopped)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. almond milk
- 1. Warm a nonstick pan on a medium flame. Add apples and ½ cup brown sugar to it. Saute properly so that the apples are well coated with brown sugar. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the apples are soft but do not lose their texture. Remove the pan from the flame and let it cool for few minutes.
- 2. Preheat the oven at 325 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare an 8 inch round baking pan with a liner. Grease and flour it so that the cake releases from the baking pan easily.
- 3. In the meantime, combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl except the sugar.
- 4. In a separate bowl whip the eggs and combine all the wet ingredients to it. Add the remaining 2 tbsp brown sugar to this. When the apples are cooled add apples to the wet ingredients.
- 5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well so that the batter is well blended. (Do not overdo it).
- 6. Pour the batter into the baking pan and put it in the middle rack of the oven. Bake it for 25-30 minutes or until the fork comes out clean.
- 7. Serve hot, at room temperature or cold. Can be stored in refrigerator in an air tight container for 3 days.