Pan-Seared Hokkaido Scallop Risotto With Truffle Oil
Beautifully pan seared exterior gave way to tender moist flesh that remained succulent inside. The decadent plumpy Hokkaido Scallops were further enhanced by the scented truffle oil that's out of this world. Accented by Parmesan Cheese, the Japanese rice was rich in flavour with bites from the shitake mushrooms and asparagus.
This recipe contains scallops, shiitake mushrooms, asparagus, rice, cheese (parmesan, shredded), onions, fresh garlic, butter, olive oil (extra virgin), truffle oil, white wine, chicken stock, salt
Serves 3 servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 5 large Scallops
- 3 Shitake Mushrooms
- 6 stalks of Asparagus
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tbsp shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- 1/2 Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp mince Garlic
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Truffle Oil
- 3 tbsp White wine
- 350 ml Chicken Stock
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1. Rinse and pat scallops dry with paper towels. Cut up 2 scallops to bite size. Season scallops with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- . Risotto:
- 2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil and butter. Add onion and garlic and sauteed till fragrant.
- 3. Pour in chicken stock. Rinse rice and add them in together with salt and simmer. Cook till Al Dente, stirring occasionally and add more stock if needed.
- 4. Add in diced mushrooms, asparagus, scallops and white wine.
- 5. Mix well and add cheese, truffle oil and ½ tsp of butter. Stir till liquid is absorbed. Transfer onto serving plates.
- . Scallops:
- 6. Heat oil with ½ tsp of butter on medium fire and sear both sides of scallops till golden brown. Do not overcook your scallops.
- 7. Drain and add onto risotto and drizzle more truffle oil an aromatic Japanese rice! Bon Appétit!