Pancakes without Baking Powder
I tried this quick and easy Pancakes without Baking Powder yesterday. The pancakes are light but not fluffy as expected because no baking powder is used and I definitely prefer this healthy version. Pancakes are great for morning breakfast and delicious with butter and maple syrup. Your kids will also love adding fresh fruits, blueberry filling or chocolate sauce and a dollop of vanilla ice cream over the pancakes.
This recipe contains eggs, sugar, salt, milk, vanilla extract, flour (cake), oil (vegetable)
3-4 serving servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 120ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g cake flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil/ melted butter
- 1. Beat egg, sugar and salt till ribbon stage (triple in volume). You can also place the mixing bowl on top of a bowl of warm water while beating.
- 2. Fold in sifted flour alternate with milk/vanilla extract. Lastly, add oil and mix well.
- 3. Preheat non-stick pan Grease pan with vegetable oil. Scoop one small ladle of batter on pan, let batter spread by itself. Cook till brown on one side, flip and continue to cook, about 2-3 minutes on each side.