Paneer And Farro Casserole
This aromatic ‘Paneer and Farro Casserole’ is a delicious meal with all the Indian spices that give it an Indian flavor. Mixed in a creamy cashew gravy and yet cream-free, this recipe with the addition of traditional Mediterranean grain Farro is a complete and wholesome meal.
This recipe contains cashew nuts, garlic paste, ginger (paste), turmeric, coriander powder, cumin seeds, garam masala, chili powder, milk (low fat), water, salt, onions, roma tomatoes, cinnamon, paneer, farro, carrots, fresh cilantro
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 cups raw cashew nuts
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cups yellow onions (chopped)
- 1 cups roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups paneer (cubed)
- 2 cups farro (cooked)
- 1/4 cups julienned carrots
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1. Preheat the oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- 2. Combine cashew nuts, garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds, garam masala, chilli powder in a food processor and grind as fine as possible.
- 3. Then add milk and water and process again into a smooth paste. Take this paste out in a bowl and then mix in the salt properly.
- 4. In a baking dish layer it with ¼ cup of the ground paste. Put a cinnamon stick in the middle of the baking dish. Add another layer of onions and then tomatoes.
- 5. Add another layer of paneer and then again spread another layer of farro.
- 6. Lastly, layer it with the remaining cashew nut paste. Top it with carrots.
- 7. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil properly and put it in the below most rack in the oven. Bake it for 35 minutes.
- 8. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.