Parcels with asparagus, mozzarella and prosciutto
Delectable hors d'oeuvre
This recipe contains asparagus, cheese (mozzarella), prosciutto, olive oil, salt, black pepper
4 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 16 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 125g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Blanch the asparagus for 2 minutes then refresh under cold water.
- 2. Cut each mozzarella slice in half and sit both pieces on top of 2 spears of asparagus.
- 3. Top with 2 more spears then wrap the asparagus in prosciutto so the mozzarella is tightly enclosed.
- 4. Carefully fry the parcels for 5 minutes on each side in hot oil until the prosciutto has crisped and the mozzarella oozes.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6. Serve as the warm hors d' ouvre.