Parmesan Chicken Nuggets
Fabulous morsels that are delicious hot or cold.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), bread crumbs, cheese (parmesan), parsley (fresh), salt, eggs, butter, , mayonnaise, cheese (farmer), fresh garlic, black pepper
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 whole skinless boneless chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 cup(s) homemade breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pn. salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- Garlic mayonnaise dip:
- 1/3 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup(s) fromage frais (farmer's cheese)
- 1 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 1 pn. black pepper
- 1. Cut the fillet into four to five smaller pieces.
- 2. Mix and combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan and parsley in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Dip the chicken pieces into the beaten egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- 4. Place in a single layer on a small baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or even overnight.
- 5. Meanwhile, make the garlic mayonnaise. Mix and combine all ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 6. Drizzle the butter over chicken pieces and cook in the oven at 180˚C for about 20 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- 7. Serve immediately with the garlic mayonnaise.
- 8. Easy suggestion: alternatively, cool the chicken, store in the refrigerator until required, and then serve at the room temperature with the garlic mayonnaise. Ideal for picnics.