Parmesan Chive Creamed Cauliflower
Creamed Cauliflower has long been a favorite side dish of mine. It's texture and look mimics the popular mashed potatoes but it's not nearly as heavy and calorie laden. I make mine similar to potatoes by mixing steamed cauliflower with butter and milk until creamy then adding salt, pepper, and chives. For this recipe, I added garlic and Parmesan cheese but this cauliflower is delish even on it's own and no gravy needed!
This recipe contains cauliflower, milk, butter, cheese (parmesan, shredded), garlic powder, salt, fresh chives, black pepper
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 6 - 8 tbsp. milk
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened and diced
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Optional: pressed garlic or garlic powder
- chives, diced for garnish
- 1. Clean and trim cauliflower, discarding the stem and leaves.
- 2. Chop into chunks and place in a steamer or pot with water and a lid and steam until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- 3. Add cauliflower into a food processor.
- 4. Add butter and milk (I start with 4 tbsp milk and gradually add more if I want it creamier). Pulse until smooth.
- 5. Add garlic now if using along with Parmesan cheese.
- 6. Pulse to mix then season with salt and pepper.
- 7. Serve warm garnished with diced chives.