Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
These Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms are always a huge hit at dinner parties. The cheese crispy filling baked to a golden brown perfection is addictive and irresistible!
This recipe contains mushrooms (portobello, baby), Italian seasoned bread crumbs, cheese (parmesan), olive oil, cheese (cheddar), parsley (fresh), fresh garlic, pepper
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 20 min
- ~30 baby bella mushrooms (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/2 cup(s) Italian breadcrumbs (regular breadcrumbs can be used)
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) sharp cheddar cheese (or another melt-able cheese of your choice)
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley, stems removed and finely diced
- 3 clove(s) garlic cloves
- Optional: Salt & pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F, and grease a large baking dish.
- 2. Clean the mushrooms and remove all the stems. Set aside the mushroom caps while you prepare the stuffing. Reserve the stems, you’ll be adding them to the stuffing!
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, olive oil, and chopped parsley.
- 4. Using a garlic press, press the 3 garlic cloves into the mixture, or finely dice the garlic cloves.
- 5. Either finely dice the mushroom stems, or use the same garlic press to press all the mushroom stems into the breadcrumb/cheese mixture. By the third time that we made this recipe we realized that the fastest way to finely dice these mushroom stems is to just press them through the garlic press. Make sure you point the garlic press into the bowl, because the tiny mushroom stem pieces shoot out of there!
- 6. Mix the stuffing well. Add salt and pepper if desired. We used Italian breadcrumbs which are seasoned with salt already and we find that the breadcrumbs and the cheeses make the mixture salty enough as it is.
- 7. Place 1-2 tablespoons of stuffing into each mushroom (depending on the mushroom size), really packing it in there and making a nicely shaped mound.
- 8. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked and the top of the stuffing is nicely browned.
- 9. Serve warm.