Pasta in asparagus sauce
Pasta in asparagus sauce is a smooth, silky and mild springtime meal.
This recipe contains asparagus, cream, butter, garlic (fresh), salt, black pepper, pasta (fettuccine), cheese (parmesan)
4 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1000g asparagus, cleaned, trimmed
- 200ml cream
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 500g fusilli al Torchio or similar pasta
- Grated Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese
- 1. Chop the asparagus into bite size pieces, reserve the tips.
- 2. Cook the chopped asparagus stalks in a little water in the microwave for 15 minutes on Max or until they are quite soft. Drain.
- 3. Transfer stalks into blender and puree until smooth.
- 4. Sauté the asparagus tips in butter and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- 5. Add the asparagus stalks puree, stir.
- 6. Stir in cream, season with salt and pepper.
- 7. Cook pasta in a lot of salty, boiling water according to manufacturer's instructions. Drain, but keep a little of the cooking water (3-4 tablespoons).
- 8. Mix pasta and asparagus sauce thoroughly and serve immediately sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.