Pasta with Spicy Sausage & Rapini
This pasta dish features spicy Italian sausage and rapini, also known as broccoli rabe.
This recipe contains pasta (farfalle), olive oil, sausage (italian), fresh garlic, rapini (broccoli rabe), chicken broth, sour cream, milk, cheese (fontina), cheese (parmesan, grated), salt, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 12 oz. bow tie pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage
- 2 - 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 4 cup(s) coarsely chopped rapini leaves
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) light sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 4 oz. shredded fontina cheese
- 2 oz. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ds. salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- 3. Remove sausage from casings, if necessary, and add to the pan. Cook the sausage, breaking it up as you go, until no longer pink. Add the rapini to the skillet and sauté until it begins to wilt, about one minute more. Transfer the sausage and rapini mixture to a plate and keep warm.
- 4. Drain excess grease from the pan and return to stove over medium heat. Add the chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a simmer, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the sour cream and milk. Add the cheeses and stir until melted and smooth.
- 5. Return the sausage/rapini mixture to the skillet, along with the cooked pasta, and toss to coat. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.