Peach and almond puff pastry tarts
Simple peach and almond puff pastry tarts
This recipe contains puff pastry, peaches (canned), almonds (ground), eggs, butter, sugar, sugar
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- Half a sheet of rolled out puff pastry
- 400 g. gm tin of peaches (in juice)
- 50 g. gms ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. butter and some more for greasing
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Sugar for dusting (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- 2. Cut the pastry into 4 portions and lay on a lined baking tray. Brush each portion lightly with some butter.
- 3. In a bowl, mix the almonds, egg, butter and sugar to form a paste. Spread this paste on the pastry portions, leaving a border. Bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the pastry starts to rise.
- 4. Remove the tray from the oven. Drain the peaches and arrange them over the almond paste. Bake again for 8-10 minutes or until the pastry has risen from the side and is golden.
- 5. Remove and keep aside to cool for a few minutes. Dust some icing sugar. Serve warm.
- 6. * Since I have used tinned peaches which were already ripe, I have baked the pastry separately first, before adding the peaches and baking again.