Peanut Butter and Grape Trifle
You've got the appetizers, entree and side dishes figured out. All that's left is dessert, and you want something that's a little different, but delicious, and appeals to kids and adults alike. How about trifle? It looks elegant and superbly impressive, but shhh! – it's a cinch to make and perfect for feeding a crowd.
This recipe contains greek yogurt (vanilla, nonfat), peanut butter, honey, nondairy whipped topping, pound cake, grapes (red), grapes (green), peanuts (honey roasted)
Prep time: 25 min
- 1 (16-ounce) container nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 8 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (8-ounce) container lite whipped topping, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) store-bought pound cake, sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups red seedless California grapes, plus more for garnish
- 3 cups green seedless California grapes, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped (optional garnish)
- 1. In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, peanut butter, and honey until well combined.
- 2. Gently fold in half of the whipped topping. Set aside.
- 3. In a clear glass trifle dish or bowl, layer half each of the pound cake cubes, peanut butter mixture, red grapes, and green grapes.
- 4. Repeat the layers a second time and top with the remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional grapes (sliced in half) and chopped peanuts, if desired.
- 5. Nutritional analysis per serving (with peanuts): Calories 313; Protein 8 g; Carbohydrate 38 g; Fat 15 g (Sat. Fat 5g); 42% Calories from Fat; Cholesterol 73 mg; Sodium 197 mg; Potassium 206 mg; Fibre 1 g.