Peanut butter banana muffins with wheatgerm
The great thing about muffins is their flexibility – they can be either breakfast or dessert or snack. Especially if you make them semi-sweet. These muffins are not too sweet to enjoy for breakfast but are sweet enough to satisfy mid-morning or afternoon sugar cravings.
This recipe contains peanut butter, bananas, wheat germ, flour, baking powder, eggs, sugar (brown), milk, chocolate (dark, chips), oil (vegetable)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 4 heaped tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup wheatgerm
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 heaped tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 F/ 200 C/ gas mark 6. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- 2. Combine the flour, wheatgerm and baking powder. Set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl whisk together the egg, sugar and oil. Add the peanut butter and banana and whisk together well to combine. Add the milk and stir. Pour in the dry mixture, add the chocolate chips and stir to combine only until the dry ingredients are no longer visible (the mixture will be lumpy). Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 23 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Yields 12 muffins