One Bowl Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
One Bowl Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread. It’s spicy, moist, and only needs one bowl! Honey topping optional, but highly recommended ;) An easy recipe for Super Bowl!
This recipe contains butter (unsalted), sugar, eggs, milk (buttermilk), baking soda, cornmeal, flour (all-purpose), salt, cheese (cheddar), jalapenos (canned), peppers (jalapeno, fresh), honey
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup(s) cornmeal
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can(s) oz. diced jalapenos, drained
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp. honey (drizzle on top, optional)
- 1. Start by melting a stick of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the butter for 30 second intervals until the butter has completely melted.
- 2. Then whisk in some granulated sugar.
- 3. Next, whisk in two eggs.
- 4. Now you're going to mix together some buttermilk and baking soda and pour this into the mixture. Stir until well combined.
- 5. Lastly, pour in cornmeal, flour, salt, shredded cheddar cheese, and canned diced jalapenos! Make sure you mix this until the mixture is *just* combined. Don't over mix, or you'll end up with tough bread!
- 6. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and prepare a pan with cooking spray. I used a mini loaf pan very similar to this mini loaf pan, but an 8 x 8 pan would work, too! Although, the cooking time may vary. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and top the batter with thinly sliced fresh jalapenos.
- 7. Bake for about 25 to 35 minutes - again, the cooking time may vary depending on the size of your pan.
- 8. Remove from the oven, and let the loaves cool in the pan for a few minutes.
- 9. Remove from the pan and let set on a cooling rack until you're ready to serve!