One Pot Veggie Quinoa
Under 500 calorie nutritious meal to satisfy a hungry tummy. Read more at http://www.kiipfit.com/one-pot-veggie-quinoa/
This recipe contains olive oil, fresh garlic, basil (dried), oregano (dried), black pepper, onions, mushrooms (white), bell peppers (green), broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes (roma), cheese (burrata), salt, ketchup, quinoa, water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. dried basil *
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. crushed pepper
- 1 cup(s) yellow onions (chopped
- 6 white mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup(s) green peppers (chopped)
- 1 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 1 cup(s) cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup(s) crinkled carrots
- 3 whole whole roma tomatoes (blanched, peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup(s) burrata cheese (mashed)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 1/2 cup(s) dry quinoa (rinsed)
- 3 cups water
- 1. Heat oil in a wok/skillet/nonstick saucepan. Add all the herbs including garlic in the warm oil.
- 2. Immediately add onions to it and sauté until golden brown.
- 3. Add green pepper, broccoli, cauliflower and cover and cook for few minutes. The veggies should be slightly soft but crunchy.
- 4. Add crinkled carrots and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and again cover and cook for few minutes, until the tomatoes release its juice.
- 5. Add burrata cheese to get the creamy texture. Cover and cook again for 2 minutes.
- 6. Add salt, ketchup and quinoa. Sauté until quinoa is well coated.
- 7. Add water, cover and cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is well cooked. This may take about 10-15 minutes.
- 8. Garnish with more crushed pepper if required and serve hot.