OneBun Mini Pizza
Pizza is always a crowd pleaser. This kid-approved recipe is individual size, so everyone can choose their own toppings too.
This recipe contains bread (pita), cheese (mozzarella, shredded), bell peppers (red), tomatoes (cherry), basil, baby arugula, crushed red pepper, tomato sauce, olive oil, onions, fresh garlic, oregano (dried), tomato paste, tomatoes (crushed), salt, black peppercorns
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 4 Ozery's Pita Break Multi Grain OneBun
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 1 cup baby arugula (optional)
- Pinch hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Tomato Sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can (398 ml) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1. Pizza: Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly brush baking sheet with oil. Slice each pita in half horizontally.
- 2. Spoon 4 tsp tomato sauce on each pita. Sprinkle with cheese. Top each with red pepper and tomatoes. Place on prepared pan.
- 3. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden. Sprinkle with basil and arugula (if desired).
- 4. Tomato Sauce: Heat oil in medium saucepan set over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and oregano. Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Stir in crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly thickened.