One-Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
One-pot hearty spaghetti & meat sauce. A quick homemade meaty spaghetti sauce and pasta cooked start to finish all in one pan!
This recipe contains olive oil, onions, bell peppers (green), beef (ground), tomato paste, worcestershire, fresh garlic, oregano (dried), crushed red pepper, tomatoes (crushed), chicken stock (low sodium), salt, water, pasta (spaghetti), cheese (parmesan), basil (fresh)
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 whole medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 whole medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup(s) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 pn. red pepper flakes
- 2 can(s) undefinedoz. (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz. low-sodium chicken broth (or beef broth)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1 lb. spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) minced fresh basil (one .66 oz pkg.)
- 1. Heat oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until the oil is shimmering, add the onion and bell pepper. Saute until the vegetables start to brown around the edges, about 5 minutes. Add the ground beef, cook, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon until the meat completely looses it's raw color, about another 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire, garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly until the tomato paste is evenly dispersed into the meat, continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the bottom of the pot starts to turn brown, about 3-4 minutes total.
- 3. Add the canned tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer sauce for 15 minutes. Add the water and salt, return to a simmer and add the spaghetti. Cover the pot and simmer the spaghetti and sauce, stirring thoroughly every few minutes, adjusting the heat as necessary to maintain a lively simmer, about 20 minutes, or until the pasta is tender to your liking. Off heat, add the grated Parmesan and basil.