Orange Cashew Salad
This Orange Cashew Salad has green leaves tossed with cumin roasted oranges and cashew nuts. This salad is quick to make and adds a lovely colour to your dinner plate.
This recipe contains mixed salad, oranges, cashew nuts, cumin, salt, black pepper
2 - 3 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 3 cup(s) mixed green leaves (125 g) - I used a mix of romaine lettuce & spinach
- 2 oranges
- 1/3 cup(s) cashew nuts (50 g)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1. Cut or tear the mixed greens into small pieces. Put them in a bowl and set aside.
- 2. Peel the oranges and cut them into small bite size pieces. Roast them with cumin, salt and pepper on a dry frying pan over medium heat. No oil is required as the oranges contain enough juice to prevent them from sticking to the pan. Cook the oranges for about five minutes.
- 3. Take the oranges off the pan and add them to your bowl of greens. Roast the cashew nuts on the same pan for 3-5 minutes or until they are slightly golden.
- 4. Take the cashew nuts off the heat and mix them with the oranges and greens. Serve immediately.