Orange Muffin Without Butter
These Orange Muffins are very spongy in every bite and tastes delicious with full of orange flavour even though they're not feather light cakes.
This recipe contains eggs, sugar, oranges, oranges, yogurt, flour, flour (corn), baking powder, salt, eggs, sugar
makes 9 servings
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 3 Egg yolks
- 30g Sugar
- 35g Fresh orange juice
- Orange zest from one large orange
- 70g Natural yoghurt
- 80g Plain flour
- 10g Corn flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 3 Egg whites
- 70g Sugar
- 1. Beat egg yolks and sugar until white at medium speed and add orange juice, natural yoghurt and mix well.
- 2. Remove bowl from machine, add in sifted flour (plain flour, corn flour & baking powder) and mix well with a hand whisk, follow by orange zest, mix well again.
- 3. Whisk egg whites and sugar until peak form.
- 4. Fold 1/4 of egg white to egg yolk mixture with a rubber spatula until well mix and fold in remaining egg white in two batches.
- 5. Scoop batter into muffin liners to 3/4 full and place them on a baking tray.
- 6. Bake at preheated oven at 170C for about 25-30 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- 7. Bang the baking tray together with the small cakes on the counter top 2-3 times once they are cooked, as this will prevent the cakes shringes. Leave to cool and store them in an airtight container in room temperature for 2-3 days.