Orange Roughy with Capers, Shallots and Wine Butter Sauce
An impromptu dinner: Orange Roughy with capers, shallots and wine butter sauce. Really nothing to it and yet a wonderful sauce that asks for a piece of bread to enjoy with the sauce.
This recipe contains lemons, fish (orange roughy), salt, shallots, unsalted butter, capers, white wine, black pepper
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 lemon
- 4 orange roughy fillets
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1. Cut the lemon in half. Save one half, squeeze out the juice and keep aside until ready to make the sauce. Take the other half and cut in 4 wedges to serve along with the fish when ready to serve.
- 2. Season the fillets lightly with salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat 4 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter stop foaming, add the shallot and cook for 1 minute. Add the fillets and capers. Cook turning once, until golden brown and fully cooked. About 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook for another 3 minutes.
- 4. Transfer to the dinner plates and keep warm.
- 5. Lower the heat under the skillet and swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. When the butter is melted, but not foaming, add the juice of the half lemon.
- 6. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7. Remove from the heat. Spoon the sauce over the fillets and serve the lemon wedge along side the fish.