Oreo Mini Cheesecake
The mini cheesecake was not too sweet to my liking and the cake texture was so light it just melted in my mouth. Definitely a keeper for sure!
This recipe contains cream cheese, whipped cream, vanilla extract, eggs, cream of tartar, sugar, cookies (oreo)
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 250 g. Cream cheese
- 150 g. Whipping cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs (70g each), separated
- 1 pn. cream of tartar
- 60 g. Sugar
- 1 tube of Oreo (137g)
- 1. Separate Oreos, leaving 12 pcs without cream intact and round. Put the rest of the biscuits together with the filling into a food processor and pulse in fine.
- 2. Remember to preheat your oven (150C) and boil water after this.
- 3. Line big muffin tin (100ml capacity each) with 12 paper cups. Place 1 heaped teaspoon of oreo crumbs onto paper cups and lightly press the crumbs to flatten with a mini roller pin. (see pictures)
- 4. Cream cream cheese and 30g sugar on low speed until smooth, put in whipping cream, vanilla extract and egg yolks and continue to beat on low speed for another minute until well combined. Transfer cream mixtures to a large bowl and set aside.
- 5. Whisk egg whites until frothy, add in cream of tartar continue to beat until soft peaks. Add in 30g sugar and beat till stiff (as long as egg whites don't fall when overturned, it will be fine, no need to be pointy stiff).
- 6. Fold in egg whites to cream cheese mixtures with a rubber spatula.
- 7. Spoon cream cheese mixtures into prepared paper cups. Top with an oreo biscuit.
- 8. Bake for 20 minutes in a water bath.
- 9. Leave to cool in oven, door ajar. Cool completely before chilling.
- 10. Best chilled for 3 hours or more before serving.