Organic Pumpkin Granola Bars
Check out this healthy recipe for pumpkin granola bars. Easy to customize to your favorite tastes with mix-ins and spices!
This recipe contains oats, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sugar (brown), pumpkin (canned), peanut butter, applesauce (unsweetened), honey, vanilla extract, , chocolate (semi-sweet, chips), cherries (dried), walnuts
8 - 12 Bars, depending on how big you want them servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- suggested mix ins:
- chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
- dried cherries - 1/2 cup
- chopped walnuts - 1/3 cup
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease a 8x8 pan.
- 2. In a large bowl combine the oats, spices and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In a separate bowl mix together the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, peanut butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla until smooth.
- 4. Pour the oat mix (and any additional mix-ins) into the wet mix and fold to evenly coat with the wet mix.
- 5. Press the mix into an even layer in the pan, and bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Do not over bake them!
- 6. Allow to cool then flip out of the pan and cut into desired size.
- 7. Store wrapped in plastic wrap and ziplock bags for about 1 week.