Organic Pumpkin Scones
Check out this simple pumpkin scone recipe! Made even more delicious with the addition of mini chocolate chips!
This recipe contains flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger (ground), baking powder, baking soda, salt, butter, mini chocolate chips, buttermilk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract
12-16 scones, depending on how big you cut them servings
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 cups organic flour
- 1/3 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) cold unsalted organic butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Place that baking sheet on top of another baking sheet.
- 2. Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 3. Knead the butter in until it forms small crumbs. Mix in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- 4. In a separate bowl mix together the buttermilk, pumpkin and vanilla. Mix into the crumb mix until it forms a dough.
- 5. On a lightly floured surface knead the dough until it forms a ball.
- 6. Pat the ball to about 7 inches wide, then cut into 8 - 10 pieces. I used floss to do this.
- 7. Move the scones to the baking sheet and brush with either an egg wash or heavy cream.
- 8. Bake 20 minutes, rotating 180 degrees after 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 9. Enjoy immediately - making this recipe perfect for sharing! :)