Organic Strawberry Cupcakes
Check out this fresh strawberry cupcake recipe. Perfectly moist and crumbly, irresistible when paired with fresh strawberry buttercream.
This recipe contains strawberries, milk, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, sugar, eggs, eggs
12 Regular Cupcakes servings
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 2/3 cup whole fresh organic strawberries with the tops removed
- 1/4 cup organic milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted organic butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 organic egg
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- 2. Quarter the strawberries and puree until smooth. Measure 1/3 puree and set aside any extra to use for frosting.
- 3. Mix the 1/3 cup strawberry puree, milk and vanilla.
- 4. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 5. In a large bowl cream the butter until light and fluffy. Continue to mix while slowly adding the sugar.
- 6. Mix in the egg until just barely incorporated, then add the egg whites 1 at a time until just mixed in.
- 7. In a few alternating parts, starting and ending with the flour mixture, mix in the flour mixture and strawberry mixture.
- 8. Spoon the batter into the cupcake pans and bake 20 - 25 minutes, rotating the pans 180 degrees during baking. The cupcakes are done when a toothpick comes out clean after inserting into the middle of the cupcake.
- 9. Cool 5-10 minutes in the pan then cool completely on a wire rack. Once completely cool to the touch frost the cupcakes with the fresh strawberry frosting.