Our Favorite Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Our family has had a love affair with this amazing salad for many years because of the combination of sweet and savory ingredients and our delicious red wine vinegar poppy seed dressing.
This recipe contains , eggs, spinach (fresh), bacon, grapes (red), onions, pecans
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 batch of Red Wine Vinegar Poppy Seed Dressing
- 5-6 boiled eggs
- 1/2 lb baby spinach (we used triple washed organic)
- 1 (2.5 oz) package fully cooked bacon, or approximately 10 slices cooked and drained
- 3/4 lb red grapes, rinsed and drained (approximately 2 cups)
- 1/2 medium red or purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1. Make a batch of our Red Wine Vinegar Poppy Seed Dressing and allow it to chill in the fridge for ½ hour.
- 2. Boil and chop the eggs.
- 3. While the eggs are cooking: Wash the spinach (if not pre-washed), cook and drain the bacon, rinse and drain the grapes, thinly slice the onion and chop the pecans.
- 4. To plate the salad: Start with a generous handful of spinach, then evenly divide the other ingredients between the plates. Drizzle the salad with the poppy seed dressing and serve cold.