Our Gal’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Our gal loves baking and wanted to bake some chocolate chip cookies.She has a chocolate chip cookie recipe that she’s used several times before and know it by heart. She says it was originally from some kiddy book that she can’t remember so I can’t give the due credit for it.These cookies were delicious. I ate 2 as soon as they came out of the oven!For a step by step tutorial on making these, go to - http://www.storyofbing.com/?p=16953
This recipe contains flour, caster sugar, brown sugar, oatmeal, salt, baking soda, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, chocolate (semi-sweet, chips)
40 cookies servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar (or use 1/2 cup if you prefer the cookies to be less sweet)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 115g butter (left in the open to soften)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Leave butter in a warm place for a couple of hours to soften. It has to be soft and cannot be used straight out of the fridge.
- 2. Pre-heat oven to 180 deg Celsius.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, add 2 cups of flour. Add 1 cup of caster sugar. Or less (1/2 cup) if preferred. Add 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 cup of oatmeal, a pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 4. Stir the dry ingredients together till they are well mixed.
- 5. In a separate large bowl, add 115g of softened butter, 2 large eggs and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 6. Whisk to combine. Don’t worry about the lumps.
- 7. Add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. Whisk the mixture well to combine.
- 8. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- 9. Stir well to combine the dry and wet mixtures.
- 10. When the dough is ready, add 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- 11. Stir gently to combine.
- 12. Roll the ready dough into equal sized balls. About 1.5 inches in diameter.
- 13. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 13-15 mins. They will be chewy if they are slightly underbaked, and very crispy if baked for a full 15 mins.