Oven rôtisserie chicken with broccoli and cashew nut rice
Sometimes the convenience of ordering-in is hugely enticing. This recipe fills the home with that mouth-watering restaurant-style rotisserie chicken aroma. Paired with rice and broccoli, this makes a delicious meal for the whole family.
This recipe contains chicken drumsticks, , onions (green/spring), cashew nuts, rice, canola oil, broccoli, eggs
Serves 4 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 8 chicken legs
- 1 x pack Maggi So Juicy Rotisserie
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup converted white rice
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1. Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2. Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 3. • Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) or 320°F (160°C) for convection oven. Place the chicken legs into the bag with the sliced spring onions and follow the cooking instructions on the pack.
- 4. • In a large, dry, frying pan, toast the cashew nuts gently, stirring frequently until golden, then transfer to a plate.
- 5. • Cook rice according to pack instructions and set aside (covered).
- 6. • Heat half the oil in the same pan and stir fry the broccoli until tender. Transfer into a bowl and keep covered.
- 7. • Heat the remaining oil and add the beaten egg to the pan, cooking like an omelette and breaking it up into pieces.
- 8. • Add the rice to the pan with the broccoli and cashew nuts, reheat until piping hot then serve with the chicken.