Paleo Banana Bread
This Paleo Banana Bread is delicious! It’s beautiful on the outside, moist and sweet on the inside, and tastes like a cloud. It’s also dead-simple to make. It is the best introduction into the world of Paleo baking I can think of.
This recipe contains bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs, almond butter, flour (coconut), flour (almond), baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, bananas
One loaf servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr 15 min
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup (preferably Canadian, eh!)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- plus 1 extra banana for topping
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine 3 mashed bananas, ¼ cup maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 eggs and ¼ cup almond butter.
- 3. Once combined, add in ¼ coconut flour, ¼ almond flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, pinch of sea salt, 1tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- 4. Coat a 9 X 5 baking dish with coconut oil by giving the inside a good rubdown. Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- 5. Slice a whole banana in half, lengthwise.
- 6. Bake the bread in the oven for 50-75 minutes (1:15hr)
- 7. Remove the bread once you can insert a cake tester into the thickest part and it comes out clean.
- 8. Let the bread cool for at least 15-20 minutes before serving.