Peanut Butter Cup Trifle
Yummy but easy. Can also be made with sugar-free and low-fat products to reduce calories and fat and it will still taste good.
This recipe contains brownies, pudding (vanilla), peanut butter cups (minis), whipped topping, peanut butter, heavy cream, corn syrup, brown sugar
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 4 large brownies, cut into cubes
- 1 cup(s) instant vanilla pudding--the pudding is already made
- 1 cup(s) mini peanut butter cups, cut into quarters
- 1 cup(s) whipped topping
- 1/2 cup(s) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy or whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1. Prepare peanut butter sauce by mixing the peanut butter, cream, corn syrup and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until sugar is melted and sauce is very smooth. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 2. Fold together the whipped topping and the vanilla pudding in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3. Assemble trifle by taking 4 mini trifle bowls or dishes of an equal size (a stemless wine glass or an old-fashioned glass works well here too), and build layers: layer 1/2 of the brownies on the bottom of the 4 trifle bowls. Next, layer 1/2 of the quartered peanut butter cups on top of the brownie layer, then top with 1/2 the pudding. Drizzle about 1-2 tbs of the peanut butter sauce over the pudding. Repeat the layer brownie and the pudding layer once more. Top with remaining quartered peanut butter cups and liberally drizzle with more peanut butter sauce--and yep, let the sauce drip down the sides!!! You can garnish with chocolate sprinkles if desired too.
- 4. Remember--you are distributing what you have between 4 small bowls. Let your eye be your judge as to the amounts of each bowl so they will look even.