Peanut butter ice cream
For all peanut butter lovers this a heavenly delicious, home-made summer dessert (and not only summer!).
This recipe contains milk, sugar, salt, eggs, peanut butter, heavy cream, vanilla extract, peanuts, bittersweet chocolate chips
6-8 servings servings
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 4 tbs peanuts, unsalted, shelled, coarsely chopped, for sprinkling
- Bits of bitter chocolate, for sprinkling
- 1. Combine milk, sugar and salt in a saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture almost boils. Reduce heat to low.
- 2. Beat the eggs with a hand mixer or a whisk for 2 minutes until frothy.
- 3. Gradually stir about ½ cup of hot milk mixture into beaten eggs.
- 4. Add eggs to remaining milk mixture.
- 5. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat
- 6. Whisk in peanut butter and mix well.
- 7. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- 8. Combine cream, vanilla extract, and chilled mixture, stirring with a whisk.
- 9. Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn until frozen. Transfer to plastic container and place in the freezer for an hour before serving.
- 10. Serving: take it out of the freezer for 5-10 minutes before serving, or longer, so it comes to the right scooping temperature. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and chocolate bits.
- 11. Easy suggestion: ice cream is best served in chilled glass or porcelain bowls. Scoop it with a hot, but dry, ice-cream spoon (soak it in boiling water, then wipe dry).