Pear & Blue Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing
Bosc pear and blue cheese salad with a pomegranate balsamic dressing. A wide spectrum of flavors packed into one simple salad.
This recipe contains , mixed salad, pears (bosc), almonds, pomegranate seeds, blue cheese, , pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey, thyme (dried), olive oil, dijon mustard, salt, black pepper
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 cup(s) mixed greens
- 1/4 whole Bosc pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp. pomegranate arils
- 1 tbsp. blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup(s) 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove(s) garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarse dijon mustard
- 1 ds. salt to taste
- 1 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. Add the pomegranate juice, balsamic, garlic, honey, and thyme into a small saucepan on high heat and bring to a boil. Simmer until the liquid has reduced by half; about 15 minutes. Strain into a bowl and set aside.
- 2. Combine 1 tablespoon of the reduction with the 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon dijon mustard in a small jar or tupperware container with a lid. Seal tightly and shake until all ingredients are combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Plate the greens, then top with the sliced pear, pomegranate arils, sliced almonds, and blue cheese crumbles. Drizzle the dressing over top with a spoon.