Peasto (pea pesto)
Looking for a new pasta sauce? Try peasto (pea pesto)
This recipe contains peas (green, frozen), fresh garlic, pine nuts, cheese (parmesan), olive oil, tarragon (fresh), salt, black pepper
Serves 6 servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 300g / 10 oz. frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g / 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 50g / 4 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- A small bunch of tarragon
- 1. In a small pan, toast the pine nuts until fragrant. Set aside.
- 2. Cook the peas for 3-5 minutes, or until tender, and drain.
- 3. Tip the peas into a food processor or blender.
- 4. Add the garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan, olive oil and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper, then pulse until smooth-ish.
- 5. The sauce is on the thick side, so add 125ml / half a cup water if you want it more runny. Ideally, add water from the cooking pasta.
- 6. Use as you would traditional pesto.
- 7. Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com