Pecan Cinnamon Raisin Crisps
This is by far one of my favorite crackers. It's os easy to make and has a wonderful cinnamon flavor. It goes perfect with a drizzle of honey.
This recipe contains flour (whole wheat pastry), baking soda, sea salt, milk (fat free), brown sugar, honey, raisins, pecans, flax seeds, cinnamon, lemons
91 Crackers servings
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups non-fat milk, with 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the milk & lemon mixture, brown sugar and honey and stir a few strokes. Add the raisins, nuts, flax seed and cinnamon and stir just until blended.
- 3. Pour the batter into two 9×9″ cakepans or 4 small loaf pans that have been sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from the pans and cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Allow the loaves to cool completely, then freeze for 45 minutes to 1 hour. This will help you slice the loaves very thinly. Slice as thin as you can and place the slices in a single layer on a sheet pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- 5. Bake at 300˚F for about 15 minutes, then flip them over and bake the slices for another 10 minutes until crisp and golden. Let crisps cool for about 10 minutes, if not super crispy, return to oven for another 5-7 minutes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- 6. Makes about 4 dozen long thin crisps (made in the 9×9″ pans) or 6 dozen square crisps (made in the small loaf pans).
- 7. Makes 91 Crisps:
- 8. Calories per crisp: 24, Fat: .07, Cholesterol: .1, Sodium: 31, Potassium: 13, Carbs: 4, Fiber: .06, Sugar: 1.7, Protein: .07