Pecan Coconut Topped Brownie Pie
A tried and true brownie recipe has an easy pecan and coconut topping. An easy to make dessert that will make any day special.
This recipe contains butter, flour (all-purpose), flour (whole wheat), cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, baking soda, sugar (brown), applesauce, eggs, chocolate chips
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 6 tbls. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips - divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch pie plate generously with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl blend together the flours, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- 3. In a large bowl add the brown sugar, applesauce and egg and blend together using a wire whisk - takes all of 10 seconds.
- 4. In a small bowl 1 cup of chocolate chips and the melted butter. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir just until the chips are melted.
- 5. Stir the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the sugar mixture using the whisk. Add in the flour mixture stirring just into well blended.
- 6. Pour into the prepared pie plate and top with the remaining chocolate chips -I used a spatula and gently pressed them into the batter.
- 7. Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. My pie was done in 35 minutes.