Penne Pasta with Broccoli and Cheese
A healthy, light pasta dish made with broccoli and seasonings. This is a quick dish that can be made in under 30 minutes.
This recipe contains pasta (penne), water, chicken stock (low sodium), broccoli, basil (fresh), black pepper, garlic, cheese (parmesan)
4 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 8 oz of penne pasta (I used Trader Joe's High Fiber Pasta)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups broccoli florets (I used frozen)
- 1/2 Tbsp. basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 tsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large pot add water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until done, about 6 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the broth, basil, black pepper, garlic and broccoli in a large skillet over medium heat bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook until the broccoli is tender-crisp.
- 3. Add the pasta to the broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- 4. Add cheese to the pasta mixture
- 5. Serve and enjoy!
- 6. Makes 4 servings, about 2 cups or so
- 1. Calories per serving: 235, Fat: 2.5. Cholesterol: 5, Sodium: 138, Carbs: 40.3, Fiber: 8.5, Sugar: 3.3, Protein: 12