Penne with Sausage, Tomatoes and Potatoes
Penne with sausage, tomatoes and potatoes. Simple and easy and nothing to it.
This recipe contains pasta (penne), olive oil, sausage (italian, sweet), potatoes, tomatoes, salt, unsalted butter
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sweet Italian sausages cut in chunks
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into medium size cubes
- 1 cup tomatoes diced in large chunks or 8 oz. can
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1. In a large pot add the potatoes and salted water. Bring the water to a boiling and cook the penne pasta until they are al dente.
- 2. Meanwhile in a large deep skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until warm, but not smoking.
- 3. Add the sausage to the skillet. Cook on medium high heat until nicely browned and cooked through. About 5 minutes.
- 4. Add the tomatoes and cook over medium low heat.
- 5. Add the pasta and potatoes to the skillet and add the butter and cook stirring until the pasta is well coated.
- 6. Transfer to bowls and serve right the way.