Pepper Steak (Savory Traditions)
Tender strips of beef with peppers and onions in a savory sauce.View the full post here: http://savorytraditions.wordpress.com/2013/10/14/pepper-steak/
This recipe contains steak (flank), onions, bell peppers (green), vegetable oil, ketchup, water, soy sauce, flour (all-purpose), beef (boullion, cubes), pepper, mushrooms
6 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 large onion
- 2 green peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 1 beef boullion cube
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1. Slice the flank steak into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- 2. Slice the onion and green peppers into rings.
- 3. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- 4. Brown the flank steak in the skillet, and remove. Pour off any excess fat.
- 5. Add the ketchup, water, soy sauce, flour, boullion cube, and pepper to the skillet. Stir well, and heat to boiling.
- 6. Add the browned meat strips and onion to the skillet, and cover.
- 7. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the meat is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent the sauce from burning.
- 8. Add the green peppers and mushrooms.
- 9. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until the peppers are crisply tender and the mushrooms have released their liquid.