Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls...deliciously soft and cheesy
This recipe contains water, bread flour, dry active yeast, olive oil, salt (kosher), , pepperoni, cheese (mozzarella, sticks)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 cup warm water (100 to 110)
- 10 oz. bread flour (2 cups)
- 2 1/4 tsp. dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 7 oz. sliced pepperoni
- 12 (41/2-inch) sticks mozzarella string cheese
- 1. For Pizza Dough
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and spoons; level with a knife. Add flour, salt and yeast to large bowl. Add olive oil to one side of bowl. Slowly add in water and stir with wooden spoon to combine.
- 3. Once dough comes together, place on lightly floured counter and knead to form soft elastic dough. Place dough in large bowl lightly coated with olive oil. Gently roll dough around bowl to coat. Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 4. Assembly
- 5. Microwave pepperoni in small bowl for 1 minute.
- 6. Separate any pepperoni that are stuck together and microwave for another 25 seconds.
- 7. Carefully, place pepperonis on a plate lined with a paper towel. Pat dry.
- 8. Press or roll dough out to a 10 x 16 rectangle on a lightly floured counter-top.
- 9. Divide dough in half lengthwise.
- 10. One the long end begin spreading pepperoni and top with mozzarella cheese sticks to form a line.
- 11. Fold dough over pepperoni and cheese to seal.
- 12. With a sharp knife divide into 2-3 inch pieces.
- 13. Shape is piece into a roll, being sure to seal open areas.
- 14. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- 15. Place rolls on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 16. Lightly butter tops of rolls.
- 17. Bake at 400 degrees until golden.