Peppers that will leave you stuffed
I love bell peppers. Usually I just cut them up and use them as part of a recipe, but this time I wanted to make them the focus of the meal, so I decided to try stuffing them. I looked around on the Food Network’s site and found this creation from Emeril was one of its top-rated recipes.
This recipe contains bell peppers (red), oil (vegetable), onions (yellow), bell peppers (red), turkey (ground), garlic, parsley (fresh), salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, rice, tomato sauce, water
2 peppers servings
- 2 red bell peppers, tops cut away and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red peppers
- 1/3 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup cooked long or medium-grain white rice
- 3 ounces tomato sauce
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. In a large pot of boiling water, parboil the peppers until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and dry on paper towels.
- 3. Visit redpenrecipes.com for complete instructions.