Persimmons Tofu Parfait
A no yogurt parfait that is healhty, dairy free, gluten free with lots of protein . For more details you can also visit http://www.kiipfit.com/persimmons-tofu-parfait/
This recipe contains dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, oil (flaxseed), persimmons, tofu (silken), honey, pecans, goji berries
Prep time: 30 min
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp. flax oil
- 2 whole persimmons (skin seeds removed)
- 1/2 12 oz. pack silken tofu
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 3/8 cups crushed pecans
- 1 tbsp. goji berries*
- 1. Combine the dates, cocoa powder and 1 tsp vanilla extract and flax oil and pulse until a dough forms. Keep it aside.
- 2. Combine tofu, persimmons, 1 tsp vanilla extract and honey and puree until smooth. Keep it aside.
- 3. In dessert glass start the layering with the date mix first. Take ¼ portion of the dates mix and press between palms until flat. Put the first layer and shape it according to the glass.
- 4. Add another layer of ½ of the pecans mentioned in the ingredients. Again ¼ portion of the dates mix by pressing between palms.
- 5. Make sure to press the dates mix in the glass properly so that the parfait does not overflow.
- 6. Add a layer with half tbsp. of the goji berries.
- 7. Lastly, pour the tofu puree on the top layer and garnish with more pecans and goji berries.
- 8. Repeat the whole process with another dessert glass.
- 9. Put it in the freezer for 15 minutes and serve chilled.