Peruvian Roast Chicken
This is an easy marinade for Peruvian Roast Chicken that can be used either on a whole chicken or even chicken thighs!
This recipe contains chicken (whole), garlic, lemons, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, oil, paprika, cumin, turmeric, salt, black pepper, kitchen twine
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 50 min
- whole chicken (3-4 lbs)
- 4 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1/2 whole lemon juiced
- 3 tbsp. white vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. canola or olive oil
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 pn. salt
- 1 pn. black pepper
- 1 pkg(s) kitchen twine
- 1. Mix together the marinade ingredients.
- 2. Place the whole chicken into a large (about 2 gallon size) ziploc bag and pour in the marinade.
- 3. Spread the marinade so that it covers all the chicken.
- 4. Marinade overnight.
- 5. Take the chicken out of the fridge about 30-45 minutes before you roast it, so it comes closer to room temperature. This helps the chicken become more moist and cooked evenly.
- 6. Preheat the oven to 450F.
- 7. Remove the chicken from the marinate and brush off any garlic so it will not burn.
- 8. Lay the chicken breast side up in a roasting pan or cast iron skillet.
- 9. Truss the chicken. This keeps the juices in during the roasting and makes the meat more tender.
- 10. Roast 45-55 minutes.
- 11. 1et rest 5 minutes before carving.