Pesto Chicken Lasagna Rolls
If you don't have leftover roast chicken lying around, just do a quick poach of boneless skinless chicken breasts in a mixture of half chicken broth and half water and whatever seasonings you like (for this recipe I'd sprinkle in a little salt, dried oregano and dried basil). Let the water simmer gently and add in the chicken until fully cooked. Let it cool a little and then shred it to use in the recipe.
This recipe contains pesto, pasta (lasagna), chicken breasts (boneless skinless), cheese (ricotta), salt, eggs, cheese (parmesan), tomato sauce, cheese (mozzarella), bread crumbs (panko), cooking spray, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 7 oz. jar of refrigerated pesto
- 10 - 12 whole lasagna noodles
- 1 lb. shredded chicken
- 15 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup(s) freshly shredded Parmesan
- 2 - 3 cup(s) your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 cup(s) shredded Mozzarella
- 3 tbsp. Panko breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
- black pepper
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the lasagna noodles according to the package direction. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish and set aside.
- 2. Combine the ricotta, a good pinch of salt and pepper, the egg and Parmesan in a medium-sized bowl. When the noodles are done, drain well.
- 3. Working with 1 or 2 noodles at a time, lay them flat and spread with the pesto (about 1 tsp. per noodle), then ricotta (about 1 1/2 tbsp. per noodle) and top with shredded chicken. Roll and place on top of the sauce in the baking dish. Repeat until all the rolls are made.
- 4. Cover the lasagna rolls with the remaining sauce (1-2 cups depending on how saucy you like it) and sprinkle with the shredded Mozzarella cheese and Panko. Mist the top with nonstick cooking spray and bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the breadcrumbs are toasted.