Pesto grilled chicken drumsticks with mixed vegetables
Delicious chicken drumsticks coated with pesto sauce with mixed vegetables.
This recipe contains chicken drumsticks, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, butter, pesto, , leeks, tomatoes (cherry), zucchini, bell peppers (red), sea salt, black pepper, basil (fresh), fresh thyme, olive oil, pesto
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 4 whole chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 tsp. pesto sauce (red or green)
- Mixed vegetables:
- 2 whole leeks, cleaned and cut into slices
- 8 whole cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 whole medium zucchini, cut into cubes
- 1 whole red pepper, cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. pesto sauce (red or green)
- 1. Make deep diagonal cuts across each chicken drumstick.
- 2. Combine oil, juice and garlic in large bowl. Add chicken, coat with oil mixture.
- 3. Combine butter and pesto in small bowl.
- 4. Press 2/3 of the pesto mixture into cuts and all over chicken.
- 5. Place chicken under broiler and cook for 20 - 30 minutes brushing with remaining pesto mixture occasionally, until browned all over and cooked through.
- 6. Serve with mixed vegetables.
- 7. Mixed vegetables:
- 8. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, in a well-heated Teflon pan.
- 9. Add chopped basil and thyme, stir.
- 10. Combine olive oil with pesto sauce, sprinkle over the vegetables. Stir and continue to sauté over low heat for several minutes until the zucchini and leeks become soft.