Pesto Potato Salad
Pesto Potato Salad with peas & basil… A great alternative to traditional potato salad: simple, easy & amazingly exquisite.| Taste And See
This recipe contains butter (unsalted), potatoes (yukon gold), salt (kosher), peppercorns (black), pesto, peas (green, frozen)
8-10 Servings servings
Cook time: 40 min
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 21/2-3 pounds small Yukon gold potatoes, skins scrubbed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas
- 1. Melt the butter in a large heavy-bottomed pot. Add the whole potatoes, salt, and pepper and toss well. Cover the pot tightly and cook over low heat for 30-40 minutes, until the potatoes are just tender when tested with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, defrost the peas in a colander. Then cook them in the microwave for 1 minute and set aside.
- 3. From time to time, shake the potatoes without removing the lid to prevent the bottom ones from burning. Turn off the heat and allow the potatoes to steam for another 5 minutes. Be careful to not overcook them. Add in the pesto and peas, toss and serve warm or room temperature.
- 4. Garnish with fresh basil or parsley.